Monday, January 4, 2016

My Other Creations: Simple Stories Carpe Diem Planner

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
I decided to go with a brand new 2016 planner for this week's Something New theme over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  And after much planner-analyzing, I chose the Simple Stories Carpe Diem planner, which I love!


Since my days are pretty much the same in terms of schedule, I wanted to turn this planner into a place to record inspirational ideas, family moments and memories, study notes and insights-- more like a journal rather than a calendar/schedule-keeper.

The great thing about the Simple Stories Carpe Diem planner is that it's the A5 size and that means the fabulous planner dividers from Webster's Pages also fit in it.  Yes!  Two awesome brands that are compatible!  So I included the Webster's Pages Positive Thoughts divider set (A5 size-- not to be confused with the identical A2 size) at the beginning of the monthly Carpe Diem dividers.  And I decorated the page opposite the divider with one of my favorite Ben Franklin quotes and images that represent my two loves: crafting and writing. Thanks again to my friend Mimi for the awesome library ephemera!


Here's another section-- again with the Webster's Pages divider, then my collage opposite of it.


I chose this quote to help me remember to be kind and to do all I can to bring happiness into the lives of those around me.


This is the page that I made for the beginning of the January section itself.  I've repeated the typewriter theme, which I adore.  The cards all came from the Project Life Odds and Ends kit.


I used the Tim Holtz bird die and the "Good Vibes Only" sentiment comes from Bo Bunny's Calendar Girl paper pack, which is a new favorite of mine.


This planner is a work in progress, but I'm enjoying the journey and look forward to filling this journal/inspiration notebook with lots of good things in 2016!

Here are the supplies I used on this project that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



What "new" things can you craft up in 2016?  Be sure to upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog to inspire the rest of us and to have a chance at winning the $50 Simon Says Stamp Store voucher!


http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/