Wednesday, February 22, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Blessed Card Using Reverse Confetti

I was in a bit of a gray mood today (gray sky, wet gray sidewalks, general overall gray vibes), but then I got to thinking Hey!  At least I'm not one of those worms that got washed out of house and home and is now on the sidewalk awaiting a worse fate.  I felt bad for those little guys and was grateful to be a human.  That led to me thinking of other things I was grateful for and before long, I was feeling much less gray.  My feelings of gratitude inspired this card, the structure of which was based on February's SFYTT over at Reverse Confetti.


I started with some paper from Altenew's Reflections scrapbook kit, then added some text paper on top, some of it cut with Tim Holtz's Trellis Frameworks die.

  
I toned it down with some white paint and did more ink blending, then added a Reverse Confetti frame made out of blue paper from their Fright Night collection.  The "Blessed" die is also from them.  I made a tree out of another Reverse Confetti die and added some hearts to it.  I stamped around the tree with a wonky stitched circle from Simon Says Stamp's Sparkle and Shine set.


I had some Teresa Collins number/bingo Washi tape that I added to represent counting blessings and typed out the "count the ways" sentiment on my We R Memory Keepers typewriter.

Here are the supplies I used:




It felt good to stop and think about all there is to be grateful for- including the opportunity to be crafty!